April 11, 2006

CSCA

"The Central States Communication Association"

From Wednesday to Friday of last week I was at the CSCA meeting in Indianapolis, Indiana. I presented a paper on teacher-student communication and feedback. It went pretty well. I got some free books. I drank some coffee. I talked some communication research. Upon my return I told one professor in my department, "It was like a Start Trek convention, only no one was dressed up."

I had a really cool meeting with Dr. Beth Goering, who has also studied restorative justice in communication. She did a study of the programs which are successful, and those that are not to explore what factors contribute to successful programs. The piece is helpful. I'm certain it will make it into my final paper for 630 this semester.

Now everyone is feeling the time pressure to finish everything up in a mad rush. I, on the other hand, already had that stress in my life and feel like I have a handle on the rest of the semester (all three weeks of it).

Now I'm off to do a bit of reading. Later today I have a lunch date with the prof. I think will be my dissertation advisor...Probably the most important professional relationship I'll ever forge. Then I have my IPC faculty meeting and then my sociology class. Time to strap on my cape and hit the sky.

-MDS up, up, and away!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
» »

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Pamela anderson and tommy lee &aposs sex tape Blood sport jean claude vandame Medical insurance increased rates Adderall soft farmers insurance fort wayne

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home