January 25, 2006

Grant Report:

"No."

I have to schedule a meeting with Brit later this week or next week to get more details than that...but that's the news as of now.

Otherwise, it really feels like this semester has a lot more stuff piled into it than last semester. It feels like I have a lot more reading, a lot more assignments, and a lot more meetings (so many that I am missing some of them to attend others). (sorry, GCA) On top of that, I have to sit down soon and post a real, in-depth update here so that you (whomever "you" are) know what's going on with a bit more detail and information. Sufficed to say that I'm not doing that right now so that I can hit the research assisting for Bradshaw. Those damn folders never cease coming. (And let's be fair, it's not a lot of work to pay for the roof over my head, food in my belly, and coffee a-brewin') It's just that it's only the third week of school and I want a break (which, of course, I got last week for MLK Day).

Time to strap the cape on a fly out the door to do battle with Injustice, Crime, and Social Scientific Research Methods.

-M.D.S.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should play hookie with me on Monday. :) -gina

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh! I sowwy Ian....be strong you'll do fine!!!!

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Professor at least you are not back at good old NIU! Hopefully the office you are working in is a little nicer than the multiples situation in Watson Hall :)

SANDY

6:48 PM  
Blogger Jeff Nelson said...

Sorry that didn't work out. But you can re-apply and stuff, right?

Getting over for pledging at all? I might take a Sunday evening trip and hopefully stop by for Hel...Culmination Evening.

12:53 PM  
Blogger M.K. said...

Did you ever find out more details?

I'm sorry, man that sucks! I know you'll get through it though figure out what went wrong and reapply. I got faith in you.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Deblin said...

I'm really sorry you didn't get that grant... It totally blows. However, I have a feeling this is hardly the end for you. Being the ingenious trooper you are.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE PEOPLE DEMAND AN UPDATE!

-monk

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home