November 07, 2006

Voting

Today I voted. I love voting. I think it's fun. I, however, don't think it's fun when the lame poll workers nearly don't let me vote becuase (although I'm on their register, voter roll, have ID, and am standing right there confirming that I actually DO live where I am saying I live) my driver's license is old and says I live a few counties away. Arg.

Here's what I'm going for: Lots of Democrats winning, the smoking ban going through so that I can enter a bar without immediately smelling like stale ashtray scrapings, an increase in the minimum wage (so that the servers in those bars don't flinch so much when people stiff them on tips), and the school levy passing. Also, I wrote my own name in for Dog Catcher.

Fingers crossed, everyone.

And if that doesn't work:
Masked Doctoral Dog Catcher, 2008, here we come!

-M.D.S.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Nelson said...

That's pretty much how I voted, too. Except for the dog catcher. I didn't even know people were able to vote for dog catchers.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey complete stranger Ian-

I wanted to vote BADLY, but alas I cannot vote because I moved out of DeKalb County and have been at another residence for less than a year :( But I am confident that my beloved Illinois will continue to remain a blue state and that at least the House will once again become Democrat-dominated. Its all up to your lil Ohio again! :)

SANDY

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home