October 17, 2006

Report of the North-land

It wasn't that cold. I spent an amazing amount of time talking about Belfast, Northern Ireland. I had no idea I had that much to say about it. My throat is froggy from all that jib-jabbing. Another success (in addition to making all my connecting flights-which was no small task) was successfully checking a backpack that contained both Spinach Punjab simmer sauce and a can of marinara sauce and having them successfully make it to Toledo moderately unharmed.

That's right, gentle readers, BE AWARE: If you fly on an American airline you are now NO LONGER allowed more than three fluid ounces of gels, pastes, or liquids. This, of course, includes all manner of simmer sauces and tomato pastes. I suppose the fear is that through some application of scientific knowledge I could somehow have made either:

A) Spaghetti (a truly tasty, edible object on an airplane flight has been, if not forbidden, certainly taboo for decades)
B) Some sort of concentrated super-acid which might have been used to blind the flight attendants and also to burn through the cabin door locking mechanism allowing me unfettered access to a machine I am wholly incapable of operating successfully.

After days of academic inertia, my slight lead on this semester's work has been handily erased. I am now, if not behind, than barely keeping my head above water. To avoid detrimental laziness I must steal myself away to begin work on a paper for my social marketing course.

-M.D.S. Away!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Nelson said...

But if that sauce is meatless, then the terrorists truly have won.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home