October 12, 2006

"Bbbrrrr" ...Here I come.

Tomorrow I am flying to Minnesota. I think it's supposed to snow. When I came into the office today, my former office-mate, Jamie was telling me about his latest conference trip (last week) to South Carolina. I am notably jealous.

For my international readers who may not be up on their U.S. geography (or for my U.S. readers who are similarly globally impaired), Minnesota is “The Land of 10,000 Lakes”. All of which are currently frozen over. Did you see Grumpy Old Men? It was about ice fishing retirees who were feuding. That movie took place in Minnesota, in July. It's like Canada, Jr. up there! Hell, it practically is Canada, if it were slightly more French. On the upside, they are the only state (as far as I know) to elect a former professional wrestler (yes, just like Terry “Hulk” Hogan and “The Macho Man” Randy Savage) as their governor.

South Carolina, on the other hand is where my grandparents live. It is warm and calm and full of churches and lunch platter specials. They would never dream of living in a state whose state drink is "ice", or who would place someone who knows how to reverse a pile driver into a choke slam into the governor's chair. They're much more sensible (and warm) than that.

-M.D.S.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ya know Ian...it's not so bad up here. We have our fair share of churches and platters full of food. Yes, it is promising to snow while you are here, but the lakes are still open so you could take a dip without having to chisel a spot. Looking forward to hearing more about your mission in N. Ireland. Bring a coat.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Ian...

I sure hope that you packed the super-wonderful "big-foot" shirt that was your most favorite birthday present EVER ! tee hee.....have a great time
S.E.W.'s mom

7:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You totally crak me up Ian!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home