August 23, 2006

Zooming forth into PBS

Public Broadcasting is the name of the game here at Public Television Station WBGU, Bowling Green, Ohio. In addition to teaching seemingly wonderful (after one class, mind you) students in my P.C.C. Comm Intro class, I am also working at Bowling Green's local PBS station. Right now though, I'm pretty much sitting in a room with a couple computers, a lot of children's videotapes, some boxes filled with unintelligible files, and a tall, puke-green filing cabinet that is both half-filled and half-broken. The lap of luxury.

It seems, however, that the general manager here is keen on getting me started on a few different projects he has in mind. The staff here seems friendly, if spread out throught a relatively large building. I've been sitting in this new office, working away for about an hour and a half now, and haven't seen anybody. I keep hearing the hallway door open, but that's about the only sign of life of which I'm aware. I guess I'll be attending a meeting at some point later, but I'm neither sure when or with whom this so-called meeting might take place. Pretty soon I'm going to bust out my philosophy textbook and get some reading done. I suppose that would be more productive than bloggin all morning long.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Working for PBS eh? Does that mean you get to work with Cookie Monster and Elmo? If so, get me their autographs! :)

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home