October 11, 2006

Short Week

Two days off Columbus Day plus one extra day apparently makes a "Fall Break". Monday my sister and her daughter came up for some breakfast. Later that afternoon, Super Hero Colleague Man and I made a fantastic voyage to White Castle in Toledo for a much-anticipated luncheon. We had a fine time. Tuesday was a day of work, preparing supper, and watching movies. All in all, a good break for the M.D.S. Today I'm back at the TV station, working hard (on my blog, clearly).

This weekend, Side Kick Extraordinaire Woman and I went engagement ring shopping. It was a pretty good experience and I think we've narrowed down the field to "affordable" and "so laughably expensive you simply respond 'mmm...that's beautiful, but not really what we're looking for'."

This weekend I'm being flown to Minnesota for a speaking engagement at a Presby Mission Do-Wop. That should be quite the good time. There will be a good number of former Y.A.V.s in attendance, including doppelganger, Brenton Thompson, A & M-ary Weeks, and others.

Well, I think I'm just about done "working" so I'll be heading home now.

M.D.S. AWAY!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I'm wondering what "Sidekick Extaordinaire Woman" will use as her name after the nuptials.....Mrs. Masked Sidekick Extraordinaire Woman? Or possibly Mrs. Sidekick Extraordinaire Woman M.D.S.? Gets a little confusing, I must say. How about S.E.W.-M.D.S.? It would certainly cut down on the carpal tunnel syndrome...you know--if you're planning ahead.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sister of S.E.W....

Your repier wit just cut me to the funny bone.....I just love a smart-ass daughter...
mother of s.e.w. AND sister of s.e.w.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home