May 23, 2007

...and the beat goes on...

...as does the sumer session. Although that's not all that's going on in my life. For one thing, Gina and I have been spring cleaning, working on our yard, and putting a few new pictures up on the walls.

In school-related news, I meet with Dr. Dixon this week (my dissertation adviser) to discuss my 'doctoral progress report' which I think will go very well. My 'progress' in this dissertation/doctoral program is moving right along. I'm poised to begin dissertation research and writing this academic year. For that to get off the ground, however, I'll need to stop getting the run around from the good folks at the Ohio Office of Victim's Services (OVS). Clearly, I don't rank too highly on their list of "Things To Do". I've sent three emails to Karen, with whom I had a face-to-face meeting over a month ago, with no follow-up. I called the office and was told that I would now be working with "Roxanne" who would call me once she got into the office. That was Monday. This is Wednesday. Guess who hasn't called. I think I'm going to give OVS another day or two and then give Roxanne a call. If OVS doesn't pan out as a venue for research...I'm not sure exactly what I'll do. It seems likely that I'll try and do some work with either BG or Heidelberg's student conduct code/program/policy. all very up in the air, right now...but I suppose that's ok.

And on that note, a diligent student of mine, Chris, sent me this link to PhD comic. It's a comic strip about the "life (or lack thereof) in Academia. I wouldn't say it's 100% spot on...but it's a hell of a lot more like my life than Dilbert, Mary Worth, or (God-forbid) Family Circus (shudder).

-M.D.S. AWAY!

1 Comments:

Blogger Deblin said...

I know this is entirely predictable. I'm not proud of it. But when you said "Then I'll give Roxanne a call" I imagined you singing that old Police song into the phone.

"RAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW-Xane! You don't have to put on that red light."

And the idea of that makes me happy.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home